Kit is being discontinued. Limited quantities available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Kim-1 is a type I trans-membrane structural glycoprotein located in the renal proximal tubule epithelial cells. These cells undergo regeneration after various forms of injury and shed Kim-1 antigen into the urine. Thus, urinary Kim-1 is an early and specific biomarker for tubular kidney injury. Kim-1 has become widely recognized by many organizations and agencies, including the FDA, as an excellent biomarker in pre-clinical studies to monitor acute kidney tubular toxicity by identifying adverse reactive drugs and therapeutic agents in drug development.
Kidney injury caused by therapeutic agents and drug induction is a common type of injury requiring appropriate monitoring and intervention. Current standards using blood urea nitrogen and creatinine are considered late indicators of kidney injury and are often non-specific. Kim-1 has been shown continually to outperform traditional biomarkers of kidney injury in preclinical biomarker studies. The detection of Kim-1 can occur in as little as six hours post injection of an agent known to cause kidney injury.
The Rat Rena ELISA Kit is a quantitative test for the detection of Kim-1 in rat urine samples.
- Rat Kim-1 antibody coated plate, 12 x 8 well microwell strips coated with anti-rat Kim-1 antibody in a resealable pouch with desiccant.
- Rat Kim-1 Calibrator, Two vials containing lyophilized recombinant rat Kim-1 in a buffered protein based stabilizer – 40 ng/mL after reconstitution.
- Reconstitution Solution, 1.8 mL of laboratory grade water with preservative.
- Kim-1 Negative Control, 200µL of a buffered protein solution.
- Sample Dilution Buffer, 12 mL of phosphate buffered saline, protein stabilizer, detergent, preservative and yellow dye.
- Rat Kim-1 MAb Solution, 6 mL of anti-Rat Kim-1 monoclonal antibody conjugated to biotin in phosphate buffered saline, protein stabilizer, detergent, preservative and blue dye.
- Peroxidase Conjugate Solution, 12 mL of horseradish peroxidase conjugated streptavidin in a buffered protein solution, enzyme stabilizers and preservative.
- 20x Wash Solution, 50 mL of 20x phosphate buffered saline, detergent and preservative.
- ABTS Substrate Solution, 12 mL ABTS Substrate Solution
- Stop Solution, 12 mL of 1% Lauryl Sulfate with preservative. Store at room temperature.
Storage Temperature: Refrigerated (2-8° C)
Shipping Temperature: Refrigerated (2-8° C)
Stability: Stable up to the expiration date printed on the kit label.
Product is for research use only.